« Law Firm Decision-Making and Governance – Two Partner Firm
| Law Firm Partnership – Client Origination Expectations for New Associate Attorney
Jul 01, 2014
Law Firm Marketing Investments – Investing Wisely
I am a partner in a 16 attorney firm located in Baltimore, Maryland. Our clients are primarily business firms. I am the chair of our three member marketing committee which was formed three years ago. Our firm is increasing our commitment to marketing and have increased our budget over the past three years. However, we are not sure what we should be spending our money on. Your suggestions would be appreciated.
Hopefully, you have developed a marketing plan and a marketing budget tied to the specific objectives outlined in the plan. Here are a few general guidelines, tips, and best practices:
- Money spent on good clients is money well spent.
- Allocate more money to specific practice areas or niches and individual lawyers than to the firm as a whole.
- Tie passive initiatives to active participation.
- Stand out as a major contributor to a single or a few campaigns rather than making many small contributors.
- Constantly measure and monitor your return on marketing investment. (ROMI)
Click here for our blog on marketing
Click here for articles on other topics
John W. Olmstead, MBA, Ph.D, CMC
Posted at 08:07 PM in
Tags: , , , , ,