Our clients benefit from our results-orientated approach to helping law firms focus on implementing practical improvements designed to:
- Improve productivity and profitability
- Increase business from new and existing clients
- Enhance the firm's competitive position
We partner with our clients and serve as a member of our clients management team and function as an advisor, coach, teacher, and facilitator. Services include:
- Law Firm Strategy and Competitive Business Models
The current economic climate has caused law firms to question many of the fundamental business models that have served at core of practice management for many years. Many law firms are exploring revolutionary business models while other firms are actively discussing whether changes to their traditional approaches are needed.
- Law Firm Profit Improvement Programs
Our law firm profit improvement program provides our clients with an objective clear assessment of the firm’s practices and performance and outlines a plan for implementing “Best Practices”.
- Law Firm Succession Planning
To exit their practices successfully law firms owners need:
- A road map—exit planning is a process that helps owners decide where they want to go as well as how to get there.
- Experienced guides—Owners must assemble a team of trained and experienced advisors to guide them through choices and decisions as they work toward their exit goals.
- Implementation—Success depends upon a disciplined timetable keyed to the firm owner’s exit plan.
- Law Firm Partner Compensation
Many firms have tweaked their compensation system but have not been able deal with the various cultural and political issues and systematically redesign the system. Failure to explore alternatives to inadequate systems can result in partner dissatisfaction leading to partner defections and disintegration of the firm. Law firms need a partner compensation system that is aligned with the firm’s business strategies, culture and personality, and competencies. The system should reward performance and contribution and other behaviors that the firm desires to reinforce. It should be perceived as fair by the partners in the firm.
- Law Firm Governance
As firms grow they typically outgrow their governance and organizational structures. Failure to make timely modifications often results in indecision paralysis and ineffective firm leadership, management, and utilization of resources.
- Business Coaching
The day-to-day stress of practicing law and serving clients leaves little time for focusing and investing in the future of the firm. When attorneys exhibit the following it may be time for a coach:
- Stuck and unable to move forward on new initiatives
- Indecision paralysis
- Lack of commitment, inertia, self-accountability or follow-up
- Poor implementation skills
- Lack of management, leadership, interpersonal, or other needed skills
- Accounts Receivable Management
Many law firms are struggling with maintaining adequate cash flow and are looking for ways to improve their accounts receivable and collection processes. Our accounts receivable management collection program is designed to provide the firm with an experienced outsourced credit manager.
- Law Firm Talent Management
It is getting harder and harder to find and keep good people. We can assist with:
- Talent Management
- Reward and Compensation Systems
- Methods of Performance Measurement
- Recruiting and Retention Strategies
- Career Progression Plans
- Skill Development & Training
- Law Firm Marketing
Our marketing services are specifically designed for firms that don’t have an in-house marketing staff and need to outsource the marketing function.
- Law Firm Technology
These services including evaluating automation needs, providing input on various hardware and software solutions, assisting in equipment, software selection, and implementation.
- Law Firm Retreats
Services range from simply serving as a topic speaker to complete planning, facilitation, and follow-up services. Services can include:
- Topic Speaker
- Issue Identification and Agenda Preparation and Coordination
- Preparation of Retreat Minutes and Action Plans
- Monitoring and Follow-up
- Law Firm Seminars & Workshops
In order to grow law firms must continually develop their attorneys and staff. New skills and competencies must be acquired and maintained.
- Law Firm Mergers/Laterals/New Business Start-Ups
As law firm mergers, splits, spin-offs, and ancillary business become increasingly common, more and more firms need quality assistance in these areas. We help firms with:
- Merger Feasibility and Integration
- Ancillary Businesses
- New Law Practice Start-ups